Wednesday 8 June 2011

Challenge Kraichgau half...

Well, in my last blog I said I hoped it wasn’t a bad idea to decide to do two half IM distance races on consecutive weekends and all in all I’m happy I did! On the Saturday though I did have serious doubts as I was feeling like I was fighting something off and the last thing I wanted to do was to race and make myself really ill, that has happened before and I was out for a good month afterwards! I decided to be sensible on the day though and if I felt crap from the start I’d just have to call it a day. Thankfully though my body felt good and I was able to put together an all round solid race, finishing off with a stronger run compared to Barcelona last weekend so I’m happy that all the signs are pointing in the right direction for me! As I said in my last blog, I’m not expecting any surprises at this stage, I’m realistic about where I’m at, with work, general life and training factors all being considered but with some more settled times ahead (I hope) I’m happy I have this base to work from.

As far as the race itself... definately one I’d love to go back and do! A very well organised event, the type of swim, bike and run course I really enjoy and with great support for the best part of all of it and a lovely setting to be in pre and post race! Thank you Challenge Kraichgau team and a special thank you to my homestay family – you made my stay all the more enjoyable!

Next on the calender is a race in Madrid and then hopefully Challenge Aarhus (finances permitting!!!...)

No comments:

Post a Comment